Home About Me My Classroom Freebies TeachersPayTeachers Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Instagram Twitter Image Map

Monday, June 1, 2015

IT'S CURRENTLY...JUNE!!!!!




Many thanks to Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade!!  I love linking up with you! 

HELLO!  Oh my stars...I feel like I have been gone FOREVER!  This month has been sooo draining!  I am sure most of us have felt like that at the end of the year.  But for some reason...this year has been too much.  I am SO excited about summer.  I mean...maybe a bit too excited.  PLUS, no alarm clocks!!  Right?  

I have promised myself to appreciate every second of my summer!!!
I haven't told many people about this but about two weeks ago we had a staff member pass away...at school...at lunch...in front of his students. He just died. It was more than most of us could bear.  He was young.  It was his first year of teaching.  He had been really stressed.  

We all have been in shock and devasted.  And his poor family has been a wreck.  It is so sad.  It makes you think about your own life and how you live it.  How every second is not guaranteed...which is why I want to make my summer count.  I want to spend as much time as I can with my hubs and my family and my friends.  Annnnnd squeeze some organizing and creating time in between.  

Okay that is all.  

Sunny days are ahead!  I hope you have the best SUMMER ever! 

Much love and learning! 

post signature

15 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I have chills all over from your post. I am so incredibly sorry about the loss for you, the students, your school and of course the teacher's family. How shocking. Although, I immediately thought- that could totally have been me this year. I was so over the top stressed this year and I completely agree about the enjoy every second. I need to live that motto too and I haven't. I am working on fixing that. Good luck to you and your enjoyment of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Learning how to relax and work smarter not harder is on my list. We can do it!! LOL. Thank you, Amy and hoping you have a great summer!

      Delete
  2. No alarm clocks people is RIGHT! I hope we can talk until 1am this summer again! You aren't teaching summer school or anything right? Wink Wink...

    Melissa from Mrs. Dailey's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely!! I just have to get throught these next four days...then I can breathe. Ahhh.... no summer school this year! <3 <3

      Delete
  3. Oh My GOSH… I can totally understand what you are going through… a few years ago we had a staff member die in front of his class too… he just collapsed to the floor and the emts said he was gone before he hit the floor… it was horrible. my heart goes out to you and your school!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Farley. The same thing happened to Chad. He just died...I was there in the cafeteria and we had no idea until he hit the floor. The cafeteria manager gave him a salad five minutes before. And he was fine. Life is so fragile.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh! So sorry to hear about your coworker, I can't imagine. We just lost one of our associates who had been working at our school for about 18 years. The kiddos called her grandma...she was a tremendous woman. I hope you can relax this summer!

    Lindsey
    Miss Johnston's Journey
    L. Paull Designs for All

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is so hard. I am so sorry you lost one of your sweet friends. It's just unbelievable when you see them that morning and then they are gone. Just unbelievable. Hoping you have a great summer!!

      Delete
  5. I LOOOOOOOOVE forensic shows! I always thought that if I redid my life, I would go into forensics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, tooo!!!!! I can watch ID all day long!!! Okay...now I have to get to bed...LOL. It will be no mystery why I am exhausted.

      Delete
  6. Oh my word, I am so sorry for your school community. You are so right, life is fragile. Enjoy your summer with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! I am so sorry about your schools loss. My heart broke when I read that...prayers and thoughts.
    But I definitely agree about no alarm clocks!

    Katie
    Teaching Voracious Learners

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry about your coworker. I teach at Special Ed at Brook Glenn and our favorite sub was at East North when it happened. She subbed for one of my aides yesterday and was telling us about it. It is so sad for everyone but my heart really goes out to his students.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Kathy. It has been devastating for everyone and I can't even imagine what his little kiddies are going through. :(

      Delete
  9. I am so sorry for the loss of this young teacher! This kind of thing should be on the news. Stress is killing teachers! How awful for his students that he died in front of them! Mt heart goes out to all of you! Carol Carol's Teaching Garden

    ReplyDelete